Character Level and EXP
A character's level shows how much work they've put into the game itself. While most skills and even some quests are not affected by the users level, most of the game flows by only allowing users with a certain level to do certain quests. This is to prevent users below a certain level from accessing equipment, items, and information that they otherwise would not have access too. Levels also grant the users stat increases and skill slots which can also be used to customize the character in which ever manner they choose.
- Upon leveling users receive 0-5 stat points based on dice roll.
- Users unlock an extra skill at 15, 25, 30, 45, 50, 60, 75, 90, and 100.
- The current level cap is 100.
- EXP requirement for each level is increased by (75%) of the previous EXP cap
A character gains «EXP» though battles and dungeon runs. EXP is used to measure the progress between levels as well the progression of your skills. Each monster will grant a base amount of EXP that goes towards your characters level based on the monsters base + the level of the monster. During topics, the users actions are also being watched by «GM»'s and exp is granted at the end of each fight based on how well the character used their current skill set. Each skill used has a chanced to be increased over the duration of the topic and the GM must know which skills were used so they can increase it properly.
- Users gain EXP by battling monsters and completing dungeons.
- Monsters grant base EXP + the level of the monster slain
- Skills gain EXP through usage and are tallied at the end of topics and fights.
Money in SAO, otherwise known as Cor, is gained through monster loot, treasure chests, and trading. Some quests may also grant money instead of EXP. To keep from allowing inflation, users are allowed to set prices within a set margin in contrast with the sites current price ranges.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Last edited by SA-01 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:01 pm; edited 3 times in total